Sunday, May 11, 2008

Patience and JR's Engagement

My phone rang a few weeks back and I found myself talking to a terrific woman I had met only once years ago. I had performed some charity photography work for the West Tennessee Arthritis Foundation back in 2006, and one of the project coordinators remembered me. She not only coordinates events but weddings as well. She asked me if I would be interested in a destination wedding to Jamaica and of course I was.

So that's how I was introduced to Patience and JR who are two of the most stylish and trend setting people I've met. I also have to say that they challenged me a bit more than I'm accustomed when we sat down to discuss their engagement session.

They explained that they wanted something artistic and abstract. Lifestyle, yes, but more. Hmmm... One of the worst things that can happen to an artist of any kind is that they fall into a routine. Thankfully, Patience and JR forced me to come out of my comfort zone a bit and take a chance at something different. I love you guys for that!

Anyway, what you see is from that session. It's artsy, but with a definite urban root. Hard to describe but there it is.

Jamaica, here we come!!!!!

Thanks Patience and JR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures from Jamaica.